Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Final Reflection

(Source)     
Throughout the semester I have learned valuable information that will allow me to incorporate technology into my future classroom. Prior to this course, I did not realize how much teachers and students rely on technology. I knew that many teachers used interactive whiteboards and computer games but I was unaware that you could use technology tools to enhance learning in the classroom.

I have enjoyed learning about all of the tools that can be used to bring technology to the classroom. I believe that all of the knowledge I have gained will definitely help me as I enter my internship and future classroom. In retrospect, I think that the most important information I obtained this semester involved the interactive whiteboard and Activinspire software. I plan on teaching in an elementary school and I know that interactive whiteboards are becoming a popular classroom feature. Interactive whiteboards can be used on a daily basis if you can create flipcharts that engage your students with the material.

I also believe that the web 2.0 tools are excellent classroom features. Nearly all of the tools are easy to navigate which allows your students to use the tools. Each tool can give teachers a unique way to share or present information with students. I am thankful that I am knowledgeable of so many technology tools and I believe that this will give me an advantage in a teaching career.

No comments:

Post a Comment